JellyPages.com

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hi my name is Lucy!

Hi my name is Lucy and I'm 3 years old. I live with my Mama and Papa in Texas and I'm getting ready to make my first trip to Africa.  I'm not sure where that is, but Mama and Papa say it's going to take a really long time to get there, like longer than it takes to get to Tennessee, which by my calculations is about 56 episodes of Dora, give or take a few.  I know that my friend Julia lives in Africa and Mama says we'll get to see giraffes, lions, hyenas, etc.  I think Mama forgets stuff, because we see those animals at the zoo all the time.  But, that's okay, because a trip means I get new stuff to play with and new movies to watch.  YAY!  I had to get my picture taken too, which was weird, but the nice post office man liked my hairbow, so it made it okay.

Anywho, here's my Mama's list of essentials for taking a toddler on an international trip:


Headphones for Kids 
These are pretty cool, because they actually fit me and Mama says you can turn the volume up and down so they won't hurt my ears.

Lollipops
I LOVE lollipops, and Mama says this is the best way to help my ears when the plane lands.  I haven't figured out the whole chewing gum thing yet and I'm WAY over a bottle.  I'm game for lollipops!

Window Decals
These vinyl stickers will stick and restick to the airplane windows, seats and trays and peel off with no mess.  I love me some stickers and these are happy!

MY cup
This is my FAVORITE cup!  I can drink like the big girl that I am without spilling!  Mama says it doesn't leak in my bag either.

Individually Wrapped Snacks
I eat, a LOT!  Sometimes, I don't know when to stop. :)  AND, Mama says keeping large bags of food fresh is almost impossible, so I get little packs of gold fish, fruit snacks and granola bars.

A Bib
My mama is a little OCD about keeping clothes clean and even though I'm 3 I still rock the bib!  She says eating meals on a plane is messy and if it keeps mama happy, it's worth it.

Gotta run!   I have to go to bed, where I'll roll around for about an hour and get up 3 times to "potty" and finally fall asleep around 10.

Good night, sweet dreams, bye, love you, see you later!

Lucy







3 comments:

  1. What a big girl you are, Lucy! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and your first experience in Kenya. Julia can't wait for you to come so you girls can play in the big girls' playroom and celebrate Valentine's Day together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lucy! you're gonna have an amazing trip. can't wait to hear all about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy - I am very proud of you! I hope you have a lot of fun. I want to hear about everything you do and see.

    ReplyDelete