JellyPages.com

Sunday, February 10, 2013

We finally made it!

Well, we made it, in one piece, but it wasn't pretty and thankfully there are no pictures (mama lost her camera on the first plane, we think).

I'm not sure that it was fully explained to me how long and torturous the whole getting to Africa part would be.  I mean a girl can only watch so many movies and play with so many stickers and eat so many packs of applesauce before she goes stir crazy.  It was nearly impossible to sleep on the plane.

Also, I'm sure no one told me there were two flights involved.  I wasn't impressed when we landed and they said it was 0 degrees outside and we were in Amsterdam.  I thought maybe the pilot was confused and took us to the wrong place that starts with an 'A.'

All in all Mama and Papa said I was really good and only had a couple of meltdowns, which was seriously fantastic since I only slept about 4 1/2 hours out of the previous 30 hours.  If you know me at all you know I LOVE to sleep and I've been known to take a 4 1/2 hour nap AND sleep 12 hours at night, so you can imagine how lovely I am today. (BIG SMILE)

I fell asleep at the lunch table  (sorry Mr. Doug and  Ms. Sue), and  when we got back to our hotel Papa had to carry me in and I didn't even wake up!  I hope to be back to my cheery self tomorrow.

Oh , side note. Did you know that Kenyans say different words?????  I'm already trying to copy our driver Mr. Arthur.  He's happy and that makes me happy. So, I'll leave you today with one of my favorite questions to ask "Are ya happy?!?"

Lucy


No comments:

Post a Comment