JellyPages.com

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Safari Day

Remember the night I woke up at 1 AM and didn't go back to sleep? Well that also happened to be the day that we went on safari.  Don't I just have impeccable timing?  Mama and Papa were great sports and Mama packed a bunch of snacks hoping I would stay awake long enough to see the giraffes.


Mr. Peter was our driver and he was very nice.  He taught me how to say "sawa, sawa," which means okay in Swahili.  He would stop and let us see the animals and when we were ready to move on I would say "sawa, sawa!"

We spent the entire morning looking for a cat, but we never saw one.  So sad, because I REALLY wanted to pat one.  Mama said if we found one we would just look and not touch.  I'm not sure we were talking about the same kind of cat. 

I saw buffalo, zebras, monkeys, antelope, rhinos, flamingos and all sorts of birds. 


I fell asleep around 10:15, but Mama says I didn't miss much.  Since it's "summer" here a lot of animals were already napping by then.  Mama and Papa woke me up to see the waterfall. I was still a little sleepy.


Then we saw SO many giraffes!  They were hanging out under the trees, because it was so hot.  I'm so glad I didn't miss them!


I really loved it and my absolute favorite animal was the giraffe.  What's your favorite safari animal?

Love,
Lucy


No comments:

Post a Comment